“Time alone guarantees nothing. But with it, all else is possible.”
- Paul Reville, former MA Secretary of Education
The National Center on Time & Learning has been dedicated to expanding and improving learning time in school to improve student achievement and enable a well-rounded education:
- Building Support. We built support for expanded learning time as a necessary ingredient of successful schools in states, districts and communities as they consider how to accelerate student achievement and a well-rounded education.
- Generating Knowledge. We researched and documented effective practices of high-performing expanded learning time schools across the country.
- Informing Policy. We've work with federal, state and local policy makers as they develop policies to support expanded learning time and leverage federal, state, and local funding to catalyze high-quality, sustainable, expanded learning time implementation.
- Improving School Practice. We've grown and strengthened the number of high-quality expanded learning time schools nationally through direct technical assistance.
NCTL has led national, state, and local initiatives designed to help students, especially those raised in poverty, succeed in education, careers, and life.
The National Center on Time & Learning is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization.